Worrying Times As CSCC Is Left In Mess After Game
Article Date: 8th May 2009
Attention: All members and those on Ground Duty
The lack of care by some members of the club and some of those on ground duty needs to change for the better, as problems from past years continue to show. This morning Clive Reynolds went to the club to roll the pitches and helped out Jamie Wakefield (the machine man) who has worked tirelessly this week in trying circumstances.
In addition to the rolling however Clive saw it necessary to:
- Close and lock the front and door to the scorebox
- Clear up many plastic bottles from the front of the pavilion
- Empty the bin situated by the main lounge door
- Take in fabric chairs that were left outside the pavilion
- Collect the boundary markers and boundary rope after last evening's game
- Collect the fielding circle markers from the second pitch. Were these left there from last Saturday or from practice last evening?
Unsurprisingley Clive does not see this as his job. Please do your bit to share the workload especially if you are on ground/bar duty. If you are not prepared to do your bit then we might have to employ someone to do these tasks and your subs/match fees will increase substantially.
This is not a new problem and it's one that's been raised by Jeff Long many times before. Then and now we should all be taking more care of our club and not taking a few people for granted [Mark R]